We are excited to offer group volunteer packages! Bring your organization out for team building and service work
FunkyTown Food Project thrives on the support of our community. Investing in a team building package is an engaging, hands-on way to connect your brand and employees to the FunkyTown farm and demonstrate that your company supports food justice. We are uniquely positioned to help make community engagement rewarding and visible for your group.
- Strengthens your relationship with FunkyTown Food Project while building team dynamics
- Learn about sustainable farming and food justice concepts and practices
- Connects employees to their local communities
- Creates opportunities for connection and team building
- Strengthens your company’s reputation in the community
- Demonstrates to customers and employees that your company has a proven track record of social responsibility.
FunkyTown Food Project works with your group to design one-time or ongoing, service-based team building activities. Our urban farm can accommodate groups of 10-50 volunteers (larger groups may be possible with further coordination).
Group volunteer events are half-day and take place either morning (9am-12pm) or afternoon (1pm-4pm). They begin with a farm tour, followed by a two hour service project. Your team is welcome to reserve indoor or outdoor space to share a meal or conduct a meeting before or after your event.
Most group volunteer packages require a sliding scale contribution ($500 minimum) to cover costs and support our mission. We trust that you will pay at the highest rate you are able to. Suggested ranges are as follows:
Mission-aligned partner/culturally specific organization
Small local company
Medium sized company
or large non-profit
- Introductory farm tour and icebreakers
- Guided service activities, which may include seasonal projects like weeding, pruning, tending our gardens and orchard, helping maintain our wildlife habitat areas and green landscaping features, etc
- Opportunities for public recognition via social media and FunkyTown Food Project publications
- Additional site amenities are available, such as indoor or outdoor meeting space
- Optional add-on of FunkyTown T-Shirt or Hat – $20 per person.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (817) 368-6417.